Android Froyo 2.2 Download
For everyone who is eagerly anticipating the new operating system from Android, you can download it here, and install to your phone. It’s pretty self-explanatory, I did it, and believe me, this system throws iphones and ipads out of the park..it has FLASH compatibility, and can be used as a wi-fi hotspot when you can’t find an wi-fi connection, very fast too!!
DISCLAIMER: YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU DON’T THINK YOU CAN DO IT, WAIT FOR TMOBILE TO ISSUE AN OTA (OVER THE AIR) UPDATE. ANYONE WHO MESSES UP THEIR PHONE, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE!!!
1. Download file from the following link(s):
2. Rename the file to update.zip
3. Note that if you’re using Windows and don’t have “show file extentsions” turned on in the file explorer you won’t see a .zip. Just rename it to “update” (no quotes, of course) because it’s already a zipped file.
4. Copy the update.zip file onto the root of your microSD card (that means not in any folders)
5. With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
6. You’ll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select “Bootloader.”
7. On the next screen, select “Recovery.”
8. Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
9. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
10. Now (using the trackball this time) choose “Apply sdcard:update.zip” and let things run their course